CPC40920 Certificate IV in Plumbing and Services (Operations)
Gain the technical skills and knowledge to become a licensed plumber in no time.
41-47 weeks, including 4 practical days
$62,000 - $90,000*
Why study this course?
You’re a registered plumber and you’ve completed your apprenticeship! The next step is to gain the qualification that will give you the broad range of technical skills and knowledge required to become a licensed plumber.
What will you learn?
This program covers the skills and knowledge for the following plumbing license categories in Victoria: Gas Fitting Work, Drainage Work, Sanitary Work, Water Supply Work, Roofing (Stormwater) Work, Type A Appliance Conversion Work and Type A Appliance Servicing Work.
How can you study?
6 practical days at the Outer Northern Trade Training Centre
Join us in-person and find a campus location near you
About the CPC40920 Certificate IV in Plumbing and Services (Operations)
Career Pathways and Employment Opportunities for the Certificate IV in Plumbing and Services
Wondering how to become a licensed plumber in Victoria? This course is your next step to gaining the qualification you need.
Entry requirements for the Certificate IV in Plumbing and Services
Prior learning is required. You will need to have first completed the Certificate III in Plumbing.
How long does the Certificate IV in Plumbing and Services take?
Our plumbing course runs for 41 weeks, including 4 practical days that are delivered at the Outer Northern Trade Training Centre, 407 High Street, Lalor, Victoria.
*Total duration is typically between 41 to 47 weeks when taking into account unavoidable class breaks, public holidays and Christmas Shutdown period as applicable.
Practical demonstrations, assignments, observation, group or individual presentations and written assessments.
Materials Required to Start the Certificate IV in Plumbing and Services
Most materials are supplied. However, students will need to provide their own plumbing tools for the practical sessions:
- 1 x 300 mm Shifting spanner
- 1 x 250mm Shifting spanner
- 1 x 100mm Shifting spanner
- 1 x 300mm Multi-grips
- 1 Set Phillips head drivers
- 1 Set slotted (blade) Drivers
- 1 x utility knife
- 1 x pointy nose pliers
- 1 x bull nose pliers
- 1 x Neon Tester (Gas Servicing only)
- 1 x Multimeter (Gas Servicing only)
Become a licensed plumber
After completing CPC40920 Certificate IV in Plumbing and Services (Operations) you are able to undertake the examination as part of the VBA plumbing registration process to get a plumbing licence. As part of the assessment of your skills and knowledge, the Victorian Building Authority (VBA) may require an applicant to complete an exam and/or participate in an interview.
Study the Cert IV in Plumbing and Services in-person
Training and assessment for each unit in this course will be undertaken in a real or closely simulated workplace environment as compulsory by the plumbing industry.
4 practical days are held at the Outer Northern Trade Training Centre, 407 High Street, Lalor, Victoria.
Tuition fees and payment options
For Victorian students, there’s good news! This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding for eligible students. You may be eligible for subsidies through the Victorian Skills First Funding, making the financial load of your education significantly lighter. Please follow the links below to see the fees and payment options for each state.
If you have any questions regarding Victorian and Commonwealth funding, please get in touch with us on 1300 LEGEND.
*Salary sourced from Payscale Feb 2021.
Certificate IV in Plumbing and Services (Operations) - FAQS
What will I learn?
This course structure equips you with the necessary skills and knowledge to advance your career in plumbing, covering the following areas:
- Stormwater drainage systems: Learn about the installation, maintenance, and sizing of stormwater drainage systems, including the use of appropriate materials and compliance with regulations.
- Heating and cooling systems: Gain an understanding of heating and cooling systems, as well as cold water services commonly found in residential, commercial, and industrial settings, focusing on installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Sanitary plumbing systems: Develop knowledge and skills in the installation, maintenance, and sizing of sanitary plumbing systems, ensuring proper sanitation and compliance with regulations.
- Roof drainage systems: Acquire expertise in the installation, maintenance, and sizing of roof drainage systems, contributing to efficient rainwater runoff management and structural integrity.
This course emphasises practical skills development, enabling you to gain hands-on experience and proficiency in real-world plumbing scenarios.
Throughout the course, you will have the opportunity to:
- Maintain backflow prevention devices: Learn procedures for testing and maintaining backflow prevention devices, ensuring the protection of potable water supplies.
- Size stormwater drainage systems: Understand the factors involved in determining the appropriate sizing of stormwater drainage systems, considering rainfall intensity and catchment area.
- Maintain and size heated water temperature control systems: Gain knowledge in maintaining and sizing heated water temperature control systems to ensure safety, efficiency, and compliance.
This course covers essential aspects of the plumbing trade, providing you with a well-rounded skill set for success in the industry. Upon completion of the program, you will hold the necessary trade qualification to undertake various plumbing jobs with confidence and professionalism.
Builders Academy Australia is a reputable training provider committed to delivering high-quality education and training for aspiring plumbers.
Is this a nationally recognised qualification?
Yes, as a Registered Training Organisation, the training programs of Builders Academy Australia are recognised nationally, providing qualifications issued under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
Builders Academy Australia has been awarded:
- 2018 Victorian Small Training Provider of the Year
- 2020 Victorian Small Training Provider of the Year
- 2020 Australian Small Training Provider of the Year
What types of career opportunities are available in the plumbing and services industry?
The course will deliver training to help you demonstrate competency in plumbing services. After you complete this course, you will have the knowledge and skills to apply to become a licensed plumber as part of the VBA’s plumbing registration and licensing process.
Can I study online?
The training for this course is delivered in-person, in simulated environments as required by the plumbing industry.
What do I need to start Certificate IV in Plumbing and Services (Operations)?
- A computer or laptop with Microsoft Office
- Internet access
- Being available during the hours set on the timetable
How does the virtual classroom work?
- Live Trainer-Led Sessions In Real Time
- Interactive- Engage With Like-Minded People
- Real Support From Real Trainers
Is government funding available for me?
Find out if this course is right for you
Request a callback to chat with our friendly
team about your study options.